Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird SQL Classic-Server 2.5.3 in OSX 10.10.2
Author René Colombe
hi paul,

thank you for help.

i have did:

launchctl unload org.firebird.gds.plist
launchctl load org.firebird.gds.plist

bevor your mail and again after your mail.
but this cant fix the problem then my failure was based on a mistake of the real function of the /etc/services file.

the original line in /etc/services looks like :
gds_db          3050/udp    # gds_db
gds_db          3050/tcp    # gds_db

and many lines lower i have set my own entries:
gds_db          5143/udp    # gds_db (buhl)
gds_db          5143/tcp    # gds_db (buhl)

but without disabling (comment) the upper entries.

so in my /etc/services was the gds_db enries „doubled“ set.
wow, this was the failure!

no it works as expected.

i have meant bevore, all entries in this file can simple set or changed as needed.
but because the upper entries was processed earlier,
(maybe) the lower entries was ignored then.

is this a special design from firebird?

regards
rené

Am 04.03.2015 um 13:58 schrieb 'Paul Beach' pabeach@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>:

I am on 10.10.2 and the instructions below worked for me without a problem...
I saw the port number switching from 3050 -> 3051

But you must:
launchctl unload org.firebird.gds.plist
launchctl load org.firebird.gds.plist
after changing the port no.