Subject Re: Interbase 5.6 (Windows 98) not available on network
Author Virgo Pärna
On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:21:39 +0100, liviuslivius liviuslivius@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> how do you tried to connect (by which connectivity driver/component)?
> I remember that there was some limitation in some version of drivers.
> If you have professional version of Delphi then you cannot connect to Interbase remotely. This was changed later..

I tried to connect it with Flamerobin using driver from Firebird
2.5 (it's my understanding, that network protocol is compatible). And error
was, that it was unable to establish network connection. And local IT
told, that there is no firewall running on that computer. I was not at
site, but was remoted in into another computer in local network.
And right now I have no idea, how to configure that another
software, that uses that database to record data. So moving it to
different computer or to Firebird could be complicated.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@...