Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird 3 and Encryption
Author Ricardo Uzcategui
We are very happy with a major release of firebird..

Thanks for the update.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Russell Weetch russell@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Many thanks for the update

Russell Weetch
SMXi – the heartbeat of your business

T: +44 (0)20 7100 6010  M: +44 (0)7879 816084  W: http://smxi.com  E: russell@...

 Linked In

Systematic Marketing, 429-433 Pinner Road, Harrow  HA1 4HN, United Kingdom

SMX, SMXi, Masque® and Masque Arts are trading names and trade marks of Systematic Marketing Ltd

Registration No. 2472380 England / VAT 541 2972 49

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

On 2 November 2015 at 16:25, Dmitry Yemanov dimitr@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

02.11.2015 19:21, Russell Weetch russell@... wrote:

> Not sure whether I have been looking in the right place, but is data
> encryption included in Firebird 3?

Technology is built in, but the encryption plugin should be developed by
you or someone else. Firebird itself does not provide any default
implementation [yet].

> Also, any estimate of when the release candidate will be available?

This week.

Dmitry

--
Ricardo...