Subject Re: MON$STATEMENTS question
Author Dmitry Yemanov
19.09.2014 13:16, Maya Opperman wrote:

> I’m not sure if this is a problem or not, but I have quite a few entries
> like this with NULL transaction ID’s in the MON$STATEMENTS table:
>
> Is this a sign that my code isn’t cleaning something up properly, or is
> it perfectly normal?
>
> Any idea under what circumstances this will happen?

This is perfectly normal. From /doc/README.monitoring_tables:

3) For table MON$STATEMENTS:
- column MON$SQL_TEXT contains NULL for GDML statements
- columns MON$TRANSACTION_ID and MON$TIMESTAMP contain valid
values for active statements only

i.e. if the statement is prepared but not currently executed, then its
transaction id will be NULL in MON$STATEMENTS.

Dmitry