Subject Re: [firebird-support] Help!!! - Problem with Firebird Embeded
Author Adam

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM, Lester Caine lester@... [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

On 14/09/14 14:00, Adam adam395@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> Otherwise you need the 32bit build ...
> which may account for your earlier results as the deleted versions may
> have been the right 'bittyness' and being picked up rather then the
> renamed embedded one in your folder :(
>
> Right on the money Lester!!!! ell done. As I just tried the win32
> embeded and it works as expected. Although now I need to getFlame Robin
> working and I just posted in my previous reply a question on this.

I'm not sure on that one so I'll leave it to someone else to answer. I
only run with a server setup, and Firebird is normally on a Linux box
these days, but there is no reason that an embedded client could not run
with a database as long as the server is not also accessing the same
database file. It's the access that is restricted to a single user in
the embedded case.

Just tested it and all works fine. FlameRobin uses the FireBird running in background process and yes as long as the database is not being concurrently accessed all works fine.

Thank you o much for giving your time to my problem, much appreciated.

Yours antipodaly

Adam