Subject Re: [firebird-support] Forced write, page size and buffer size
Author Saunders, Rich
On 2014-08-18 14:51, Aldo Caruso aldo.caruso@...
[firebird-support] wrote:
> After that I noticed that some massive updates ( 100K records ) took
> nearly 5 minutes, whereas with async writes it used to take 10 seconds.

Of course, we don't know how much work actually took place during that
10 second period when
forced writes were off. Could be that very little of the update was
actually on disk
at that point. So do you consider the massive update actually done at
that point?

Also while forced writes are off, when is all that "5 minutes" worth of
work actually done? When the database is closed? When the server was
shut down? Thats's the problem with forced writes being off - you never
know.

--

Cheers!
Rich Saunders