Subject Re: [firebird-support] Invalid request BLR execting UNION of views
Author marcus
kokok_kokok@... [firebird-support] wrote:

Hej,
> In a database, I execute the following code:
>
> select *
> from customer
> union
> select * from customer
Mind you to tell us something more about the tables and the database?

> The above does not make sense, it is a reduced query to show the error.
>
> I get "Invalid token. invalid request BLR at offset 4275. BLR syntax
> error: expected record selection expression clause at offset 4276,
> encountered 24."
>
> The first thought was a database corruption, but I have restored the
> database and passed the IBFirstAID application and no errors are
> detected. I use Firebird 2.5.
>
> What else can I try?
I've tried a simple sample like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_operations_%28SQL%29
and it's working like expected, no errors at all.
Haven't used anything else than isql, firebird 2.5.2 on windows, freshly
created database.

> Thank you

hth, marcus