Subject Re: [firebird-support] gds32.dll failed to load ODBC32+FB64+App32
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:29 p.m. 21/07/2014, Thomas Beckmann thomas.beckmann@... [firebird-support] wrote:
>Hi Bhavbhuti,
>
>ASAIK, 32bit ODBC-driver can connect to 32bit Firebird only.

Not so. The ODBC driver is part of the client layering. He needs to place the 32-bit Firebird client library in the path where the driver expects to find it.

Bhavbhuti wrote:

>The situation is as follows:
>64 bit i5 processor
>64 bit Win7 OS
>32 bit Visual FoxPro app
>Thus I have to use 32 bit FireBird ODBC driver
>64 bit FireBird server

If you are running the 32-bit layers on the same box as the 64-bit server then you must give the application layer the explicit path to the 32-bit fbclient.dll. You will find a copy of the 32-bit fbclient.dll in the folder WOW64 in your 64-bit Firebird installation. If you need it named gds32.dll then rename it manually.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net