Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to retrieve list of users granted with the admin role
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 18-6-2014 15:23, rjm@... [firebird-support] wrote:
> As SYSDBA I like to know which users are granted in the past with the
> ADMIN ROLE (as in CREATE USER Test1 PASSWORD 'test' GRANT ADMIN ROLE).
>
> I guess those users have the system defined RDB$ADMIN role assigned in
> the security database, but I do not have direct access to the security
> databae to check this. Also the system table SEC$USERS does not give me
> a clue.
>
> Any other suggestions how to retrieve those users with admin role?

You can use the service manager to get this information:
fbsvcmgr localhost:service_mgr user sysdba password masterkey
action_display_user_adm

The column adm indicates if the user has the admin role (yes). Note that
SYSDBA is not marked as such (I believe it is because SYSDBA is
implicitly admin, without the role).

Note that action_display_user seems to display the same information,
however the column adm is always No.

You can also query the service manager with the information items
isc_action_svc_display_user_adm, isc_info_svc_get_users (data is in
response item isc_spb_sec_admin).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel