Subject RE: [firebird-support] FB 1.5 Query Optimiser Question
Author Leyne, Sean

What fields make up the indexes?

Do you have compound indexes defined for Table1 F1 and Clause1 and Table2 F1 and Clause2?

> Any possible explanation would be very welcome. My guess is that there's so
> many records (Around a third) on TABLE2 with a CLAUSE2 value of 100 that
> using the index on this field as part of the select is somehow slowing things
> down to a crawl. The selectivity of this index is 0.2. However, using the index
> on the table alone is still relatively fast, hence my confusion.

Even though you have indexes defined, as the PLAN shows the system is having to AND 2 of the indexes together, which is a slow process.

The query optimizer in FB v1.5 was not the "sharpest knife".

Sean