Subject Re[2]: [firebird-support] big change after restore
Author Dmitry Kuzmenko
Hello, Nick!

NU> I am running classic firebird 2.1, but I don't think its GC as I ran both a
NU> sweep and a backup and still got the same, longer, time

to be sure that this is not GC, you may

- after inserting and updating data run gstat -r or IBAnalyst
here you can see, are there record versions, or not

- after running sweep run gstat -r or reload stats in IBAnalyst
here you can see, was sweep or GC effective (i.e. less versions or
not)

- after restore run gstat -r or reload stats in IBAnalyst
here you can compare size of your table, and see was it fragmented or
not

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com