Subject Re: [firebird-support] Number list without table
Author Paul Vinkenoog
Markus Ostenried wrote:

> looks like Sean answered faster than me.

And me ;-)

> Here's the documentation for what you want (search the page for "Our last
> example"):
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/refdocs/langrefupd20-execblock.html

Ha! Could have referred to that. I admit I was too lazy to give an example in my reply - totally forgot I wrote that one.

One thing though, Piotr: if your Firebird client doesn't support input parameters on executable blocks (like isql), you have to write an SP. But this is hardly more work, and it has the additional advantage that, once written, you can call it from any number of places in your code. The executable block would have to be copied over and over again (or included in a programming language function/procedure/macro).

Paul Vinkenoog