Subject Re: [firebird-support] Query optimization help
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Em 25/7/2013 10:53, Kevin Donn escreveu:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Alexandre Benson Smith <
> iblist@...> wrote:
>
>> Em 25/7/2013 07:54, fabianoaspro@... escreveu:
>>> Just remove any view you use in your statement and try again.
>>> Fb is very slow when resolving queryes that use views joining other
>> tables
>> Can you give a real life example of that ????
>>
> Alexandre, if my situation qualifies as a "real life example" I'd be happy
> to send you a development database to look at. Contact me directly.
>
> kd

The fact that your query is slow using views doent mean that it will be
fast without the views....

It could be possible that your query will be fastar if you use direct
tables, but if you just translate the views into a single select, I
don't think it will be any faster.... I completely rewrite of it using
tables is another thing....

see you !