Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Aliases and Windows 7
Author André Knappstein
That should be "not even when you are administrator and run it",
excuse the wrong wording, please.

You can of course right-click/run as administrator, but then you can't
open the file directly but first need to "File|open" and navigate to
it, which to me is more complicated than just saving elsewhere and
copying later.

You can of course also change registry so that Notepad always runs as
administrator, but that simply defeats an otherwise useful security
feature.

> On Fri, 31 May 2013 12:10:27 +0200, André Knappstein
> <Knappstein@...> wrote:
>>
>> It is probably good to know that Notepad.exe does never have the
>> permission to write into a protected directory, not even when it is
>> run as administrator.
>>

> Since when? Running Notepad with "Run as Administrator" works just fine for
> editing files under "C:\Program Files" on Windows 7 and Windows Vista. You just
> need to open file in Notepad after starting Notepad with "Run as Administrator".

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail: knappstein@...

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402