Subject Re: [firebird-support] Backup much faster than restore
Author Peter Mc Leod
Hi Maya,

I believe that the integrity checks which are computationally more
expensive are done on the restore rather than backup.

This reduces the load on the server since backups are often done during
operating activities and we don't want to impinge on operations. A restore
would typically take the system offline unless it is a test restore.

Peter