Subject Re: [firebird-support] Can I retreive parameters from a stored procedure? Part 2
Author Marsupilami79
Hello Mike,

if I remember correctly, the parameters of a stored procedure are also
handeled as system domains. The name of that domain can be found in the
RDB$FIELD_SOURCE column of RDB$PROCEDURE_PARAMETERS. So - with
RDB$FIELD_SOURCE, you can ask RDB$FIELDS for the domain definition:

select RDB$FIELD_NAME, RDB$DEFAULT_SOURCE, RDB$FIELD_SCALE, RDB$FIELD_TYPE,
RDB$FIELD_SUB_TYPE, RDB$FIELD_PRECISION, RDB$CHARACTER_LENGTH,
RDB$NULL_FLAG,
RDB$CHARACTER_SET_ID, RDB$COLLATION_ID
from RDB$FIELDS
where RDB$FIELD_NAME = ?

RDB$FIELD_TYPE will be the type of the field as a number. For a list of
the possible numbers you might want to check the part 2.2 - Column
specifications of this document:
http://www.felix-colibri.com/papers/db/interbase/using_interbase_system_tables/using_interbase_system_tables.html

This document also helped me a great deal in understanding the system
tables as well as Helen Borries Firebird Book.

Best regards,

Jan