Subject Re: [firebird-support]
Author Frank Schlottmann-Gödde
Am 30.04.2013 14:18, schrieb Lepage, Pierre:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Firebird Client 1.0 on one or a lot of computers in the
> company.
>
> Actually, we analyze the situation because we plan to migrate every
> computers in the company from Windows XP to Windows7 64bits.
>
> We need to know if Firebird Client 1.0 will run under Win7 64bits or
> if we need to download Firebird 2.5.

I haven't tried it, but it should run. Although, if you want to convert
your client programs to 64bits you will need to use a 2.5 64bit
fbclient.dll.

> I need to be sure that Firebird 2.5 is an upgrade of Firebird Client
> 1.0 because it's not mention on your website.

The 2.5 fbclient.dll is a bit more than an upgrade and should be able to
connect to ancient Fb 1.0 installations

> Could you confirm all of that to me?

Well, a real confirmation will need a test with your client programs and
your servers. I haven't seen a 1.0 installation for about ten years.

hth
Frank

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes, they can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."