Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: how to use the same column from a single table to other tables?
Author Werner F. Bruhin
Hi,

On 02/05/2013 10:47, dice_in_trouble wrote:

> Thanks Nrom for the reply. I also thought of this idea, wherein I make
> a separate table for the balance then link it up to the other 2
> tables. But I don't know how to make table relations. I am using
> flamerobin to build up my firebird database. Can you give me a simple
> example of making a relationship between 3 tables?

You would use "alter table" for this, not sure how one uses this in
flamerobin as I don't use it to generate my databases (I use
Python/SQLAlchemy and after I designed my ORM declarative classes
SQLAlchemy does the creation for me.

Sometimes I do it manually for testing something then I use IBExpert
(just because I new it before flamerobin), it has an option "create
foreign key" which then walks you through the process.

I am no expert but to me your question makes me think that you might
need to read up a bit more about databases, SQL and Firebird, you should
be able to find tutorials with a google search.

Obviously the FB documentation is also not to be forgotten.

http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/reference-manuals/

Maybe invest in the Firebird Book, e.g. the second Edition

Quote:

The Firebird Book (Second Edition) is now available as a print on demand
book (at createspace) in three parts,

Volume 1: `Firebird Fundamentals
https://www.createspace.com/4203352

Volume 2: `Developing with Firebird Data
https://www.createspace.com/4206843

Volume 3: `Administering Firebird Servers and Databases
https://www.createspace.com/4206991

Regards
Paul

EndQuote