Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: AGAIN (i know, but different) Max optimized... or not?
Author Ann Harrison
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM, <fabianoaspro@...> wrote:

> Maybe I'm wrong but in my tests you need to recompile or do a full
> backup/restore cycle.
> Be sure you create the index Decending and that you put desc on both
> statements when using the sql - like the another friend posted.

The persistence of plans for stored procedures depends to some extent on
the architecture
you use. For classic and superClassic, each new connection causes
procedures to be
reoptimized. For SuperServer, the easiest reliable way to force procedures
to be reoptimized
is to stop and restart the server. Procedure plans are not stored in the
database, but in
the servers memory. New server, new plans.

Good luck

Ann