Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: FireBird 2.5 How can i create 1 byte (0-255) column?
Author Mark Rotteveel
On 6-4-2013 14:19, wan30032 wrote:

>> Try with a larger page size (eg 16 kilobytes instead of 4 kilobytes).
> that right,i change to 16k,now 60 seconds insert 2,000,000 records!!!
>
> by the way,DefaultDbCachePages=4096 ,if change bigger like 268435456(256MB) can protected HardDisk?

I have no idea what you are asking here.

DefaultDbCachePagesis related to the size of the page cache in pages. So
4096 with a pagesize of 4096 bytes leads to a memory consumption of
16MB, with a page size of 16 kb it is 64MB. In case of superserver that
is for the entire db, for classic server that is *per connection*.

DefaultDbCachePages is only applied if no specific cache size is
specified in the database itself.

For inserts the page cache is not really relevant AFAIK.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel