Subject RES: SV: [firebird-support] FB on Linux installation question
Author Fabiano
What are the file system used?

What the kernel version of CentOS 6.3?

Thanks

De: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] Em nome de jugglingjester
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 23 de julho de 2012 13:42
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: SV: [firebird-support] FB on Linux installation question

Hej,

i've done a little bit of connection and load testing the last days.

Used an old HP Compaq 6910p, 2 Cores, 4 GB RAM, 4 GB SWAP as server, running
on CEntOS 6.3. Installed with the minimal ISO, using only the CEntOS
repository.
Installed Firebird 2.5.1 from the .tar.gz, not the rpm.

Our developers have provided me with a testing tool to open n connections
and start a query in each connection.

500 Connections+ from 4 client, no error at all. Peaking at roundabout
750-800 connections the "server" wasn't able to response due to massive
swapping. Less than 5 % RAM and 5 % swap free, left the clients and the
server for an hour (went for lunch :-) in that condition - not an error at
all.

hth, Marcus

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:firebird-support%40yahoogroups.com> , Poul Dige <pd@...> wrote:

> Hi Fabiano,
>
> We tried 2.5.1 SC on Ubuntu 11. We had quite strange experience with the
FB-server constantly crashing (every 20 minutes or so) with anything from
40-150 connections, AFAIR. No data corruption, but lots of annoyed
customers. We switched to W2k8 and the problem was gone. I'd love to find
out what went wrong but we were in no position to "experiment" as it was
production environment, so it just had to work. Unfortunately, as I'd prefer
to run it under Linux.