Subject Re: [firebird-support] Query help - Email found in subject
Author Kjell Rilbe
Den 2012-07-23 00:31 skrev Ricardo Uzcategui såhär:
> the other thin is creating a trigger that update master field (a new field)
> to update this value, and, you will index that and not need to join or
> subselect to detail table..
>
> i do a lot of time to solve problem like this!

Nice idea, but I don't think I like the idea of having to implement a
always-present solution to solve a very temporary problem. :-) Also, I
try to stay away from "low level" DB specific stuff, since the app is
written using a model driven framework containing an O/R mapper. I try
to be DB agnostic to save some headaches (admittedly causing others).

Kjell

--
Kjell Rilbe