Subject Re: database in external USB HDD
Author trskopo
On my experience :

1) USB HDD : more reliable, more speed and more space.

2) Pen Drive : more compact.

3) RAM Disk : highest speed but risky and less space. Do not use it unless you aware of the risk. Runs on a dedicated PC (no other programs run on this pc, only database server and OS), backup it everyday, twice a day and have a reliable UPS. Love the speed when doing maintenance (backup/restore) - superb compare to those two.

Incendio.