Subject Re: [firebird-support] Restoring backup from 2.5 to 2.1
Author Helen Borrie

At 07:11 AM 5/07/2012, Aldo Caruso wrote:
>Good idea, but it is unfeasible for me because the server is remote on
>Internet (with very high latency), so I have to create the back ups on
>the server, download the file and apply it to my local machine (which
>has firebird 2.1)

Then it cannot possibly work. Firebird does *not* support back-porting databases. It was found to be possible (sometimes) to backup and restore between 2.1 and 2.0, only if the v.2.0 gbak was running in the v.2.1 server to make the backup.

If you have a copy of The Firebird Book Second Edition, you can read up on this in Chapter 5, Migration Issues.

./heLen