Subject Re: [firebird-support] HELP
Author Marc Gilels
Does anyone know of any Firebird networking experts in the Syracuse Ny area or Toronto Canada area.
We are having an IT problem that will not allow us to review our patient database on the server from a
remote client. We have not been successful implementing the advice that we have gotten from this
site, although many of you have been so helpful I can not thank you enough....now we need to hire a body.

Marc

-----Original Message-----
From: nathanelrick <nathanelrick@...>
To: firebird-support <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird and sharding ?

Dear Sean,

> > i thing it's a easy thing to do (one or 2 days of developpement?) but that can
> > add an incredibble feature to firebird ...
>
> Comments like "I think it's a easy thing to do..." do not show you in a good light!

First i say "i think" and second as i already do it i can even "confirm" it's easy to do (if you want i can send you the demo project!)

SelectFromVirtualDatabase(ArrayOfDB) {
for each database in ArrayOfDB {
StartThread;
SelectFromRealDatabase
}
WaitAllThreadFinish
UnionTheData
}

that all, don't say me it's terrible difficulty. the code you do in the core engine yes this is an "titan" job. try to install sphinx full text search and look how they do ... it's will take you few min

> before you go off and make comments that can be read/interpreted as:
>
> - "you guys are idiots, who obviously know nothing" and
> - "Ann thanks for your comments, but you are also an idiot, perhaps you should get _your husband_ to show you how it can be done"

i can not understand what make you think that i was thinking about something like this even for 1 second ! it's was a simple suggestion !