Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and sharding ?
Author Ann Harrison
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM, nathanelrick <nathanelrick@...> wrote:

> Is it possible via the api to shard a database ? I mean to split the
> database in several database (this we do manually), and call the SQL in
> parallele on each database and aggregate the data at the end (this throught
> the api) ?

At the moment no. A pre-SQL language interface to InterBase does allow
references to multiple
databases in a single statement, but the SQL interface does not. The major
reason is that optimizing
cross-database joins is a black art, and without optimization, performance
is unpredictable.

Good luck,

Ann