Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to do a full text search ?
Author Michael Ludwig
[[firebird-support] How to do a full text search ?]
nathanelrick schrieb am 23.03.2012 um 14:12 (-0000):
> now i want to permit user to also filter by keyword
> something like

> (FieldVarcharDescr like '%Keyword1%' or FieldVarcharDescr like '%Keyword2%')

Not sure what you're asking. This is a filter on text data, and it
mighte be okay if you don't filter a lot of data.

If, on the other hand, you want full text search as in Full Text
Indexing and Searching as indicated by your subject line, then this
is not, in my opinion, the job of the database proper.

I took a note of this back when they announced it, but have never
used it - not sure what has become of it:

Sphinx Full Text Search
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/sphinx-full-text-search/

If that turns out to be not ready for center stage, you could still
use an external indexer and search engine combo such as Sphinx or
Lucene or whatnot and go with that.

Michael