Subject RE: [firebird-support] Database restore error
Author Rick Debay
The restore completed with no errors. Logs show that at the time of the
original error, there were warnings that available disk space was
extremely low. I'm guessing the restore ran out of space and threw a
non-obvious error.

-----Original Message-----
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Rick Debay
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:10 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] Database restore error

We test restoring all our backups. Last night, this happened. We
compared the DDL of our production system with a week of backups, and
didn't find any changes in column definitions. We are starting another
restore with verbose logging. Any ideas as to what could have happened
or what we should be looking for?

gbak -se it-test:service_mgr -use_all_space -mode read_only -r
/opt/firebird/db/database.fbk /opt/firebird/db/database.fdb
gbak: ERROR: arithmetic exception, numeric overflow, or string
truncation

Disclaimer: This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. RxStrategies, Inc. shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. RxStrategies, Inc. does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free from viruses, interceptions or interference.