Subject Re: [firebird-support] Backup and restore of users
Author Tomasz Tyrakowski
gbak -B /opt/firebird/security2.fdb ./security2.fbk

works as well. Restoring requires two steps: restore to an alternate
location (gbak -C security2.fbk somefolder/security2.fdb), then stop the
server (SS) or close connections (CS) and copy the restored
security2.fdb to the proper location in FB directory. AFAIR, a similar
procedure is required when upgrading from pre-2.x FB (it's mentioned in
the section "Security in Firebird 2 (All Platforms)" in "Firebird 2
Migration & Installation" here:
http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/release_notes/html/install210.html
but without details).

regards