Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Why it's soo slow ? it's jus t a very simple select ...
Author Mark Rotteveel
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 15:08:44 +0100, philippe makowski
<pmakowski@...> wrote:
> nathanelrick [2012-03-07 13:33] :
>> if you understand something ..... moving the page size from 8 to 16
>> reduce by 10 the speed of the 2 first query, but still 10x more slower
>> than the last variante
> obviously there are less data pages to read for the third table
> see gsat -d result for these tables

Why would that be? I would think that scanning the index for IDObj to
conclude the value does not exist should have the same cost for all three
tables. It should never have to read the actual datapages, and the index
size should be almost the same for these three tables.

Mark