Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird security acessing database on other server as SYSDBA
Author Mark Rotteveel
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:33:19 +0700, Iwan Cahyadi Sugeng
<iwan.c.sugeng@...> wrote:
> What i wish for the security system is at least if we deliver our
program
> to customer without having direct access to the implementation (customer
> install it by them self), we can say to them that by default the
database
> is secured and can not be easily accessible by other user even if they
move
> the database to another Firebird server instance.

One could argue that this would give your customers a false sense of
security. Better to tell them the truth and make them secure the filesystem
against data-theft etc, than that they do not take enough security measures
'because our consultant told us the files were secure'.

BTW: This applies to all database systems: access to the files == access
to the data. The only variable is the amount of effort required.

Mark