Subject Re: what is the most fastest isolation level ?
Author nathanelrick
> It's not the connection, it's the transaction which is in the above
> mentioned mode. I don't understand why you resist on using no_rec_version.

but because if i use isc_tpb_read_committed + isc_tpb_rec_version then for sure i will have deadlock ?

I try :

isc_tpb_read_committed
isc_tpb_rec_version
isc_tpb_wait

then

user1 start transaction
user2 start transaction
user1 Update user set xxx = 10 where id=1;
user2 Update user set xxx = 12 where id=1; => app wait
user1 commit transaction
user2 Update conflicts with concurrent update (deadlock)

so it's for sure that with rec_version i will alway have deadlock with massive update. but with isc_tpb_no_rec_version then their in no error ....

just that i don't understand why in my massive update i still have error (but it's not a Update conflicts with concurrent update, it's just a deadlock Error 16)

> *g*). What is the trigger doing. What's the DDL ...

the ddl is a little long, but to resume the trigger just update one field in 40% of row of around 20 tables