Subject RE: [firebird-support] Re: Timestamp of Database File
Author bogdan
We are working with large (5-30 GB) Firebird (2.x) databases.
There were some occasions where when copying even the original became
currupted.
Not often but still - we haven't documented it.

Lately we don't encounter such problems - as you securely understand - man
get used to automatically avoid getting into trouble.
Regards

Bogdan

Probably beating a dead horse, but ...

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:44 PM, todderamaa <todderamaa@...
<mailto:todderamaa%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

> I have heard that you can corrupt a database when copying it with active
> connections. I am wondering if incremental windows backups are different
> than a 'copy'.

You may have heard that, but your informant was misinformed. Copying a
file that's in use with random writes will not corrupt that file, but the
copy will not be internally consistent, unless you're extremely lucky.
That's why database systems offer backup programs.

Good luck,

Ann