Subject Re: [firebird-support] Freezing Firebird Database after working for sometime
Author Lester Caine
Lester Caine wrote:
> Gustavo Moda wrote:
>> We're working to migrate the version for PHP 5 and Firebird 2.5, but it
>> takes time to stabilize the system. Meanwhile, we have to solve this
>> problem in which Firebird freezes.
>
> So what are you using currently?
> The php_interbase driver for PHP4 never had any of the extras that came in with
> Firebird, we have only ever used the PHP5 version in production.
> Also how are you running PHP? IIS or Apache? Neither are particularly efficient
> and a Linux setup is a LOT faster as a base for Apache/PHP/Firebird.

OK I should have read further, but bottom line ... PHP5 should be your starting
point! And personally I'd ditch the VM stuff altogether.
Apache/PHP/Jboss/Firebird will work fine in one machine, but when I need better
performance, Firebird gets it's own machine. Two smaller machines would be a lot
more efficient and can be configured so that either take the load if one has a
problem.

eaccelerator is also a better match for PHP5.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL