Subject Re: [firebird-support] opening a database created by FB 2.1.5 resulted in SQLSTATE = HY000 error
Author Ann Harrison
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:40 PM, ehaerim <ehaerim@...> wrote:

> On my Windows 7 64 bit PC, 64 bit FB 2.5.1.26351 is installed.
> And I needed to run isql to access a database created by FB 2.1.5.
>
> Then I got
>
> Statement failed, SQLSTATE = HY000
> file C:\\DATABASES\FBPORTFOLIO.GDB is not a valid database
> Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
>
> How do I get over with this error?

Assuming the double backslash in file C:\\DATABASES\FBPORTFOLIO.GDB is a
typo ..

Have you read the release notes about differences in the security database
between V2.1 and V2.5? Could that be part of your problem?

Can you still access the database with FB2.1? If so, back it up with 2.1
and restore it with 2.5.

If not, you've probably got a corrupt database. Try first running gstat -h
to see if the contents of the header page are readable. If it is, try gfix
-v to identify physical corruption elsewhere. IBSurgeon has a free tool
for analyzing databases that might also help identify the problem.

Good luck,

Ann