Subject Re: Cannot atach to password database
Author skoczian
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Roland Turcan <konf@...> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have installed new fresh ubuntu server where I installed Firebird
> 2.1 Classic server, but I am unable to create any database.
> Using [isq-fb -user SYSBDA -password masterkey] then [create database
> "test.fdb"] I get:
>
> Statement failed, SQLCODE = -902
> cannot attach to password database
>
> What can be a problem?

The two most simple possibilities: Is "-user SYSBDA" a typo just in this post or did you enter it like that? It's SYSDBA. And in Firebird 1.5 and later the SYSDBA password on Linux shouldn't be "masterkey" but a random password stored in the text file SYSDBA.password. Should be in the Firebird installation directory, but I don't know where that's located in recent Ubuntu versions. Same directory as firebird.conf at all events.

HTH
Sibylle