Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to connecto to an embedded Firebird?
Author W O
Hello everybody

Very good answers, I can see the problem more clearly now.

The following code works very well:

Local lcConnectionString, lnHandle

lcConnectionString = "DRIVER=Firebird/InterBase(r) driver;" ;
+ "DBNAME=ADMIN.FDB;" ;
+ "CLIENT=fbembed.dll"

lnHandLe = SQLSTRINGCONNECT(lcConnectionString)

if lnHandle > 0 && connection OK
lnError = SQLEXEC(lnHandle, "SELECT * FROM CITIES", "TEMP")
if lnError > 0 && Query OK
BROWSE
endif
=SQLDISCONNECT(lnHandle)
else && connection ERROR
=AERROR(laErrors) && Put the number, description, etc. of the
error in the array laErrors
? "ERROR: " + laErrors[2]
endif

Return
*
*
Without user, without password, it does its job.

But...with the ODBC driver already installed.

I shall try to do the same thing without an ODBC driver installed, maybe it
can be done.

Thank you.

Walter.