Subject Re: How to optimize Firebird's configuration?
Author tomc7777777
Hi All,

I came across this post that had (surprisingly) zero responses, so thought to highlight it and at this same time ask the group:

Q. Where are the best (freely-available) sources of information that deal solely with optimisation & configuration of FB? I've searched for it and haven't been able to easily find it.

The TcpRemoteBufferSize value is of particular interest currently but anyone that might also like to comment on some of Fabian's values (as a starting conversation point) would be good too.

It is understood that the many deployment scenarios call for different values so responses of the form 'it depends' are unnecessary. Rather, examples of any default configuration values that you always change (as you feel they are too low/insufficient/etc) would be good plus 'real-life' improvements that were found by experience (in a given scenario).

Thanks,
Tom