Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB 2.5 embedded and VirtualBox 4 Win 7 guest on Ubuntu 10.10
Author Fidel Viegas
On 23/04/11 11:40, Werner F. Bruhin wrote:

> I am experimenting with running Windows 7 within a VirtualBox VM.
>
> Have no problem with accessing a db which is in the VM's local disk.
>
> The machine is also setup for dual boot, and I wonder if I can store the
> FB database file on a device which is accessible when I run "native"
> Windows and I can also access it when I run it in the VM.
>
> I tried it with VM shared folders but I get a connection error.
>
> Will also try with USB when I get that support to work within in the VM,
> but I wondered if anyone has maybe some better solution for this.
>
> Werner

Hi Werner,

I suppose that in order for you to access the shared folder you would
have to create a mapped drive, because shared folders are like shared
folders on the network. Don't know if that is going to work.

Now, as for USB attached storage, that is possible, as I have tried it
before. However, I advise you to follow the thread
(http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-support/message/71585)
in order to have a better understanding about the pros and cons of using
USB attached storage.

Best Regards,

Fidel.