Subject Re: How to find out what is making a database so large
Author karolbieniaszewski
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Maya Opperman <maya@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a 10 GB database I would like to try reduce in size. Quite a few of the tables have blobs for images and text memos.
>
> What would be the easiest way of isolating which table, and which rows within that table, are taking up the most space?
>
> Thanks
> Maya

use gstat for this
you get info how many pages are used by table
pagesize*page_count = size of table
size of table * avg fill = size of real data in table
the rest is free space

you can also can do backap
gback -USE_ALL_SPACE - to see how big is database containing only data without free space allocation

Karol Bieniaszewski