Subject Re: [firebird-support] How to wipe a database
Author Norman Dunbar
Sigh!

On 31/03/11 09:30, Norman Dunbar wrote:
> If you supply a database name and a backup file, you get the gbak
> version plus details about the version and ODS of the named database.
>
> If you have supplied a username and password, or, have defined ISC_USER
> and ISC_PASSWORD then you *will* get a backup.

What I really mean by the above is the following:

If you supply a database name and a backup file, you get the gbak
version plus details about the version and ODS of the named database
provided you have supplied a username and password, or, have defined
ISC_USER and ISC_PASSWORD and you *will* get a backup. (And exit code 0).

So either this:

tux> export ISC_USER=sysdba
tux> export ISC_PASSWORD=secret
tux> gbak -z employee employee.fbk

or this:

tux> gbak -z employee employee.fbk -user sysdba -password secret

Both will display details about gbak, the employee database and both
will create the backup file employee.fbk - overwriting any existing file
of that name.

Sorry for my inability to type what I'm thinking!

Cheers,
Norman.

--
Norman Dunbar