Subject Re: [firebird-support] Is it possible to have a view with parameters?
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:28 PM 31/03/2011, you wrote:
>There are thousand of birthdays, I can use a SELECT, of course, but it will
>be better having a VIEW.

Did you know that ALL retrievals from a Firebird database are SELECTs? This isn't Paradox, you know! Even if you use a TTable in Delphi, underneath it is doing a SELECT * FROM some table, view or SP. But you should throw away TTable - it was designed for use with Paradox.

>Or I can have a Stored Procedure with input parameters, that's my option.

That's *another* option. But a view would be more efficient than a selectable SP for this case for several reasons, including that the underlying indexes, if useful, are available.

./hb