Subject Re: Oldest transaction far behind...
Author karolbieniaszewski
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Kjell Rilbe <kjell.rilbe@...> wrote:

> This is a transcript of my gstat -h info:
>
> Database header page information:
> Flags 0
> Checksum 12345
> Generation 26347849
> Page size 8192
> ODS version 11.1
> Oldest transaction 25545713
> Oldest active 26347481
> Oldest snapshot 26347481
> Next transaction 26347482
> Bumped transaction 1
> Sequence number 0
> Next attachment ID 347
> Implementation ID 26
> Shadow count 0
> Page buffers 0
> Next header page 0
> Database dialect 3
> Creation date Nov 18, 2010 1:49:26
> Attributes force write
>
> Variable header data:
> Database backup GUID: {D0FF9040-0002-47C9-B487-FC68B87751DF}
> Sweep interval: 0
> *END*
>
> Observe the large diff between "Oldest transaction" and all the other
> transaction numbers. This is a diff of over 800000 transactions!
>
> How should I "fix" this?
>
> When I extracted this info there were NO connections to it, it was
> completely idle.
>
> Regards,
> Kjell
> --
> --------------------------------------
> Kjell Rilbe
> DataDIA AB
> E-post: kjell@...
> Telefon: 08-761 06 55
> Mobil: 0733-44 24 64

Hi

you have long running transaction
and i see ODS11.1 then i suppose that this is FB2.x series.

If yes then check
SELECT * FROM MON$TRANSACTION
to check what transaction stops garbage collector - you see date and time when transaction start
and follow attachment id to see what process on what computer it is

Karol Bieniaszewski