Subject Re: Oldest snapshot never moves slowing system down dramatically!
Author karolbieniaszewski
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "robert.gilland" <robert.gilland@...> wrote:

> I am using Firebird 2.1.3
>
> I seem to be doing every thing correctly.
>
> Start transaction then commit it.
>
> But the oldest snapshot transaction never moves and after not long the system slows down dramatically what can I do?

Please put more info
what do you mean "oldest snapshot transaction never moves"?
and what slow down - Firebird or OS?

if firebird slow down
Print gfix -h
you will see oldest active transaction and next transaction
if difference is big then you have long running transaction

you can also do
select from MON$TRANSACTIONS
to see what transaction are still running.
and check what attachement it is in MON$Attachements

Karol Bieniaszewski