Subject Re: [firebird-support] External tables
Author Kjell Rilbe
Den 2011-03-15 21:44 skrev Woody såhär:
> I'm trying to come up with the best way to use procedures and UDF calls
> to import some data occasionally from an Access database. I have no
> problems getting the data from the Access server in the UDF and saving
> it to the external file. I also don't have any problems creating the
> external table definition and inserting the data into my own tables.

This isn't what you asked about, but I'm curious about a couple of things.

Where does the UDF come into the picture?

If you have some kind of program to extract data from Access and write
it to a file that you can read via external table, why don't you simply
let that program insert the data into the Firebird database natively?
Why go the roundabout way via an external table?

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe