Subject RE: [firebird-support] Hard copy restore
Author bogdan
At 08:01 PM 10/03/2011, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Has anyone encountered this kind of error while restoring database
>(Firebird 2.05 SS, Win32)
>
>gbak: activating and creating deferred index SYS_INDEX_NP2_IDX3
>gbak:cannot commit index SYS_INDEX_NP2_IDX3
>gbak: ERROR:I/O error for file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\fb_sort_8fbpyc"
>gbak: ERROR: Error while trying to write to file
>gbak: ERROR: The printer is out of paper.

>Yes - it means you don't have enough temp space on your C drive to build
the indexes. Define some TempDirectories in firebird.conf, *not* on the C
drive, allowing >twice the size of your database file before it was backed
up; or more if you have large, wide indexes and/or mainly very large tables.

I guessed so.
>Does the Subject "Hard copy restore" have any special significance to what
you are trying to do? What does it mean?

It is related to >>gbak: ERROR: The printer is out of paper.<
Thanks
Bogdan