Subject Re: Replacing substrings...
Author munster77054
The purpose of my request was to make it easier to fix field data in one table, with corrections listed in other tables... Making the updating of the fields dynamic/table driven. While testing out Paul's suggestion, where I would step through the corrections table, get the values, and then correct the other table using the update/replace sql commands.

Well, I ran into more problems, giving me "EOF String found in...." or something close to this error was given. I was able to write a (C++) library routine that removed unwanted characters, and it worked pretty much the same speed as if running the program without trying any corrections (the correction table was empty).

Most of the "problem children" was extended ascii characters, or ascii character < decimal(32) value. The library routine took are of it.

Paul... thanks for your suggestion(s)... and also thanks to any other suggestions made.