Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Lowecase identifiers
Author Markus Ostenried
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 23:43, sqlsvr <sqlsvr@...> wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I typed this in FlameRobin:
>
> CREATE TABLE accounts
> (
>   account_id INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
>   account_name VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL
> );
>
> After I executed it, it showed up as "ACCOUNTS" in the tables list. Looking at the DDL in FlameRobin, it shows the DDL all capitalized.
>
> How do I get it show up as lowercased?

If you don't use quotes around your identifiers then they are treated
as case-insensitive and the tool is free to display them however it
wants, also you can type any case to refer to the same identifier. But
if you use quoted identifiers like "account_id" then the tool will
display it back as "account_id" and you will from then on have to
write "account_id" to refer to the field (including the quotes). You
shouldn't do this however because it makes maintenance much more
difficult.

TL;DR: If you use non-quoted identifiers then you need to find a tool
that displays them in a format (case) you like.

If FlameRobin doesn't do it as you want then you need to contact its
authors or change the source yourself. Or use a tool with syntax
highlighting (colors) like e.g. IBExpert or Database Workbench.

HTH,
Markus