Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Hundreds of Generators
Author Venus Software Operations
Hi Lester

Currently yes only one person is entering the Batch details but that
might changed. I am sorry I am not able to visualize what you mean by
"case a simple table entry which can be locked with a unique index", if
you could please expand it for me that will be great.

This table that received the generated number is the Batch Numbers table
itself and all batch related records point to it's iID

Searching the group I found
http://www.ibobjects.com/TechInfo.html#ti_AuditableSeries which was an
overkill in my case as I don't have to give an audit per se, so this in
it's own might not be the perfect alternative, but yes I do need
unbroken numbers.

Thanks and regards
Bhavbhuti