Subject RE: [firebird-support] DB Stats - Header Page
Author Kevin Stanton
Thanks Ann - I appreciate it. I'll do the gstat this evening before the
sweep.

Kevin

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ann W. Harrison
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:50 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] DB Stats - Header Page

Kevin Stanton wrote:

> I just took a quick look at the stats and below is what I found. My
> customer is complaining of slowness but that could be 1 of a couple
> offending reports I need to analyze.
>
> I know the main concern is oldest active transaction - is the gap between
> oldest active and next transaction large enough to be concerned about? I
do
> a backup/sweep every night off hours.

> Oldest transaction 111981
> Oldest active 111982
> Oldest snapshot 111970
> Next transaction 120437

It could be. When it's convenient, run gstat -a -r against
the database before you do a sweep or backup. That will
report on the number of old record versions in each table,
and give you an idea of the number of index duplicates. I
think you're using an ODS that's old enough that index
duplicates are a problem.

Cheers,

Ann